There are three ways to create Portfolios.
- On your Account Welcome Page: When you join, you will be prompted on login to create your first portfolio. You can simply click on the button that says "Create First Portfolio"
- On the Overview page: You can at any time create a new Portfolio by clicking on the "Add a Portfolio" Button just above your existing Portfolio Cards.
- In the Portfolio dropdown: The dropdown at the very top left corner of the Wisly application, by the logo, also allows you to create a new Portfolio. Scroll down (if needed) to the bottom of the list and click on "Create a Portfolio"
Portfolio creation fields
- PORTFOLIO TYPE: Select whether to create a Solo Portfolio, or a Multi-User Portfolio (only for Pro plans)
- PORTFOLIO NAME: The Name you wish to give to your portfolio. Descriptive names are often better (Long Term Investment I, Rewards Portfolio 1, etc.)
- PORTFOLIO CURRENCY: This will the the primary currency you invest in. Specifying the correct investment currency will determine how we calculate profit and losses when you buy/sell different currencies, and isolate FX impact on profits
- ORGANIZATION (only for Pool/Organization): The Organization in which this portfolio will be active. If you wish to create a new Organization, simply type a new name.
- COLLABORATORS (only for Pool/Organization): Users that will collaborate on the portfolio. If you selected an existing organization, users from that organization will be in the dropdown. Otherwise you can enter the email address of the user you wish to add.
- If the user has a Wisly account: we will replace their email by their name, and then them an invitation to join your portfolio. Once they accept, they will be added to the portfolio
- If the user does not have a Wisly account: We will add a user to the portfolio called "Invited User" and send an email invitation to the email you provided. If the user in question creates a Wisly account with that same email, they will automatically be added to the portfolio, and the user "Invited User" will switch to the actual User you invited.